Solitaire overseas is a well-known Supplier, manufacturer, and exporter of SS304 Seamless Rube and SS304 ERW Tube, in Mumbai, India.
A seamless steel tube is produced from a round steel billet which is heated and pushed or pulled over a shape until the steel is cast into a hollow tube. The billets are purchased from local and foreign suppliers.
What is the Difference Between Seamless and ERW Stainless Steel Pipes
- Electric Resistance Welding (ERW) tube is made by wrapping the metal and then welding it longitudinally along its entire length. The SS304 Seamless Tube is produced by extruding the metal to the desired length; so the ERW tube has a weld joint in its cross-section, while the seamless pipe has no joint in its cross-section along its entire length.
- Seamless pipe is finished to dimensional and wall thickness specifications in sizes ranging from 1/8 inch to 26 inches outside diameter. Applicable to high-pressure applications such as refineries in the hydrocarbon, oil and gas industries, Exploration & Drilling, Oil & Gas Transportation, and Air and Hydraulic cylinders, Bearings, Boilers, Automobiles
- ERW tubing is longitudinally welded, fabricated from tape or coils, and can be fabricated up to 24 OD. ERW tube cold formed from a steel strip pulled through a series of rollers and formed into a tube which is melted by an electric charge.
- Common sizes for SS304 ERW TUBE range from 2 3/8 inches outside diameter to 24 inches outside diameter in a variety of lengths up to over 100 feet. Surface finishes are available in different formats and processing can be done on-site according to customer specifications.
What Technologies are used to manufacture Seamless & ERW Pipes
- Seamless manufacturing technologies and ERW Pipes CPE technology used for the production of seamless pipes up to 7 inches outside diameter is the world-famous technology. “Plug Mill” Technology used for Higher Dia.
- Seamless Tubes The production of tubes from 7 to 14 is the most reliable technology, in larger diameters.
- Segment High-frequency Induction Welding Technology is used for ERW Pipes &Tubes up to 21-inches.
- How to Identify Stainless Steel Seamless Pipe or ERW?
- The seamless pipes will not have tracks or joints of welding even on the inside of the pipes. There can be a difference seen in the welded pipes that identify the welded joint. Some markings verify if the pipe is seamless or erw.
- Different application types use different types of pipes. Both the pipes come in various sizes but the erw pipes can be produced in larger diameters than the drawn seamless pipes.